INFORMATION ABOUT DISEASE: Mouth Ulcers also known as Aphthous ulcers are round, painful sores inside the mouth. These oral ulcerative lesions are categorized into three major groups: acute, chronic and recurrent ulcers and are mainly found on the lips and buccal mucosa. Mouth ulcer can be asymptomatic or very mild in young patients but is associated with more severe symptoms found in the elder age and are commonly called oral lesions (mouth disease).
There are certain causes which are known to either start or exacerbate mouth ulcers. Some of them are:
• Biting the tongue or cheek lining by mistake
• Eating hot food
• A sharp broken tooth
• Wearing badly-fitting dentures
• Certain drugs
• Toothbrushing and eating especially spicy or salty foods can increase the
Recurrent mouth ulcer may be due to inherited tendency or due to deficiency
of iron, folate or vitamin B12.
INFORMATION ABOUT PRODUCT:
Action of Omeo™ Mouth Ulcer Tablets:
• It relieves aphthous inflammation of the buccal cavity caused by an undue generation of acid.
• It acts on mucous membrane of the mouth & relieves deep ulceration.
• Ulcers inside the lips, cheek and below the tongue
• Burning, stinging blisters on the tongue & oral cavity
• Pain on touch and from chewing
• Ulcers bleed on touch & eating
• Painful gum-boil
• Foetid odour from mouth
Mercurius solubilis 3x,
Kalium chloricum 3x,
Hydrastis canadensis 3x,
Action and indications of the ingredients of OmeoTM Mouth Ulcer :
1. Mercurius solubilis – Ulcers inside the lips & cheek, ulceration of the mouth, sore pain on touch & from
chewing, foetid odour from mouth.
2. Borax – It acts on aphthous inflammation especially of the buccal cavity which is probably caused by an
undue generation of acid. Ulcers bleed on touch & eating, painful gum boil.
3. Kalium chloricum – Entire mucous membrane red, tumid with gray based ulcers. Burning, stinging
blisters on the tongue and buccal cavity, stinging burning on tongue.
4. Hydrastis Canadensis – It acts on the mucous membrane of the mouth. Ulceration of the buccal mucous
membrane, tongue and fissures towards the edges.
Dosage: Adults & >12 years old — 2 tablets, 4 times a day
Children < 12 years old — 2 tablets, 2 times a day
or as prescribed by the physician.
Direction for Use:
To be taken 10 minutes before or after meals or as directed by the physician.