A reliable and safe fever management- with Omeo D-FvR plus.
Fever or pyrexia is one of the most common clinical presentation at any physician’s O.P.D. which is elevation of core body temperature beyond 38°C or 100.4°F.
Under ordinary circumstances Hypothalamus, the thermoregulatory centre of body maintains the temperature within a normal range irrespective of the variations in external environmental temperature. This range is 36.8° + 0.4°C ( 98.2° + 0.7° F) which is lowest at around 6 a.m in the morning and the highest at around 4-6 p.m. in the evening.1
During a microbial invasion, inflammatory condition, abnormal cellular multiplication or immune mediated tissue injuries, a series of chemical reactions results in elevation of core body temperature by increasing the hypothalamic set point.
A range of tropical fevers are prevalent in India like dengue, malaria, chickenguinea, scrub typhus, leptospirosis, typhoid etc. with a confusingly similar clinical presentations. Some regions are endemic for a particular type of fever such as eastern U.P. and Bihar breed a large number of encephalitis cases every year. In our country, a fever can range from a simple and self limiting viral episode to a life-threatening Dengue Haemorrhagic Fever or an Acute Encephalitis Syndrome. Hence utmost care should be taken while treating a febrile case by noting down a thorough history and conducting a detailed clinical examination.
Certain points should be taken care of in all febrile cases:
- The surroundings of the patient should be hygienic.
- Isolation and bed rest stop the propagation of infection and relieve the associated pains and discomfort.
- Hydration levels should be maintained, by taking up ample of liquids and freshly prepared easily digestible diet.
- Regular temperature charting is suggested to understand the pattern of fever.
- In high grade fevers febrifuges or tepid sponging can be used to bring down the fever.
- Any deviation in consciousness levels, seizures, neck stiffness, bleeding and change in pulse, respiratory rate and blood pressure call for an emergency in fevers.
- Panic should be avoided as it only leads to unnecessary confusion and complications.
Homoeopathic treatment can be successful if above points are well taken care of and the right remedy is selected. But in practical scenario, selecting a simillimum can be challenging specially for novice homoeopathic practitioners. For immediate relief one can use highly effective combination like Omeo D-FvR plus which has medicines like tinospora cordifolia, gelsemium, azadirechta indica (neem), ocimum sanctum(tulsi), carica papaya (papaya) etc. for effectively relieving the symptoms of dengue and other viral fevers.