BODY’S METABOLIC PROVISION- “THE DIGESTION”
Digestion is the process required for the nourishment of our organ systems which is the basic necessity of our existence.
Our digestive system helps in ingestion, secretion, propulsion, digestion, absorption, and defecation as part of a complete digestive cycle that occurs across the 30 feet long digestive tract starting from the mouth and ending at the anus. The conditions affecting various sections of digestive tract present with the following complaints:
- Oral aphthae, ulceration with pain and fever
- Dysphagia i.e. difficulty in swallowing
- Heartburn i.e. burning sensation in chest
- Nausea and vomiting
- Hematemesis i.e. haemorrhagic vomiting
- Flatulence and belching with abdominal distention.
- Pain in abdomen with associated bowel irritability
- Constipation with abdominal cramps
- Diarrhoea and tenesmus
- Sudden and severe episodes of any of the above symptoms
- Weight loss/ weight gain
Digestive disorders should be diagnosed and treated properly as they can get complicated and life threatening if not corrected well in time.
- Oral thrush, deficiencies of vitamin C, B12, herpetic stomatitis, hand foot and mouth disease etc. cause ulcerations and depositions in oral mucosa.
- Esophagitis, esophageal strictures and spasms, Achalasia cardia and esophageal cancer cause difficulty in deglutition.
- Gastro-esophageal reflux disease results from the weakening of Lower esophageal sphincter allowing the reflux of gastric contents into the esophagus and causing chest discomfort, heartburn or pyrosis.
- Peptic Ulcer Disease (PUD) results from a break in continuation and integrity of mucosal layer of lower esophagus, stomach and duodenum. Ulceration of gastric mucosa causes gastric ulcers which cause pain in upper abdomen after eating and duodenal ulcers or the ulceration of duodenal mucosa exhibit upper abdominal pain when the stomach is empty and get relieved from eating.
- Ø Gastric carcinoma is the third leading cause of death from cancer. Helicobacter Pylori is responsible for 60% of gastric cancer cases, while smoking, dietary factors and genetic factors contribute for the remaining incidents. It is usually asymptomatic to begin with or may present with minimal non-specific symptoms of indigestion, heartburn, abdominal distention and loss of appetite.
- Ø Crohn’s disease, ulcerative collites, celiac sprue, diverticulitis, lntestinal volvulus, amoebiasis, giardiasis, haemorrhoids and fissures, abdominal hernias and colon cancer are other major digestive disorders.
Chronic digestive ailments lead to malabsorption and deficiencies like iron deficiency anaemia, scurvy, bleeding disorders etc. which makes their timely identification and management extremely crucial .
Bjain’s speciality products for digestive disorders are a safe and effective way of getting rid of routine gastric complaints. Omeo Digestion is an all in one solution for dyspepsia, flatulence, acidity, regurgitation and constipation with good results.