INFORMATION ABOUT DISEASE:
Sciatica is a medical condition resulting from the compression of the sciatic nerve usually due to a herniated disc, spinal stenosis or due to a bone spur that causes pain which radiates through the entire course of the nerve. Pain in sciatica extends from the lower back down the leg and is usually one sided. Pain is often accompanied by inflammation and numbness.
Surgery is usually not required for sciatica unless accompanied by other complaints such as significant leg weakness and bowel and bladder changes.
General Management of Sciatica includes:
Gentle exercises that help relieve symptoms
Cold or Hot compress as suitable
Removing the underlying cause if the condition persists.
INFORMATION ABOUT PRODUCT: OMEO™SCIA-TICA DROPS:
A Homoeopathic specialty product especially designed for Pain arising from Sciatica.
Pain extending down the Leg, arising from the Hip
Difficulty in Walking and Sitting
Aconitum napellus 3X (20% v/v), Arsenicum album 6X (20% v/v), Colocynthis 3X (20% v/v), Gnaphalium polycephalum 3X (20% v/v), Magnesium phosphoricum 3X (10% w/v), Excipients q.s., Alcohol content (72% v/v).
Individual Indications of the Ingredients of OMEO™ SCIA-TICA DROPS:
1. Aconitum napellus: Suitable to acute, sudden and violent episodes of pain which may be accompanied by fever. Tingling, coldness and numbness of painful parts is characteristic. Shooting pains with great restlessness.
2. Arsenicum album: Helpful in cases of burning pains which are worse at night. Pain in legs with cramping, swelling and spasms.
3. Colocynthis: Useful in neuralgic pains that are relieved by pressure. Agonizing pain that forces one to bend double is characteristic of this remedy. Cramp like pain in the hip which extends till the knee.
4. Gnaphalium polycephalum: Highly useful remedy in cases of sciatica with numbness of the affected part. Cramping of legs when lying in bed, Intense pain along the sciatic nerve that alternates with numbness. Pain better by drawing limbs up and by flexing the thigh on abdomen.
5. Magnesium phosphoricum: It is a great anti-spasmodic remedy as it helps in neuralgic pains that are relieved by warmth. Cramps in calves and sciatica with feet very tender. General muscular weakness is seen.
In acute episodes 10-15 drops should be taken every 2 hours, diluted in water up to 3 times a day.
For chronic cases, same dosage to be taken twice a day or as prescribed by the physician.
Directions of Use:
To be taken 10 minutes before or after meals or as recommended by the physician.
Consult your homoeopathic physician if symptoms persist or worsen.
Consult your homoeopathic physician if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Known Adverse Reactions: None known
Storage: Protect from heat, moisture and direct sunlight.
Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.